PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms-vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations-that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
PATH is currently recruiting a technical consultant the period June 8, 2018 – December 31, 2018; with a possibility of continuation upon performance assessment and funding availability
Digital Square, an initiative within PATH’s Digital Health program, is one of PATH’s innovative responses to Global Health challenges to be a driver of change. Conceived from the lessons of the inefficiencies and redundancies of investments in digital technologies, Digital Square brings global and regional actors together to create a new way of thinking about, and a new way of doing, development.
One of the most integral attributes of Digital Square is our ability to foster the creation, sustainability, and interoperability of global goods - digital solutions for health development. We do so through an open proposal process hosted on an Open Proposal Platform (OPP). Each round of funding is called a “Notice” cycle. Digital Square is preparing to begin Notice C and is in the process of building an OPP. The OPP is built in the coding language Drupal. Digital Square is looking for a Drupal developer to assist in the building, maintenance, and testing of the site before the launch of Notice C, on June 19, 2018, and through the lifecycle of the process, approximately six months for routine maintenance and upkeep support.
- Assist building Digital Square’s Open Proposal Site
- Respond to the in-house developer’s questions
- Initiate and participate in calls with the in-house developer and staff in regard to the OPP.
- Identify and fix bugs in the system.
- Assist in maintenance of Digital Square’s Open Proposal Site
- Be available to trouble-shoot problems with the OPP during the full six-month Notice cycle.
- Provide telephone and email support
- Telephone support: 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Monday- Friday PST
- Email support: Monitored 9:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Monday-Friday PST
- Emails received outside of office hours will be collected, however no action can be guaranteed until the next working day.
- 24 hours (during business hours) for issues classified as High priority.
- Within 48 hours for issues classified as Medium priority.
- Within 4 working days for issues classified as Low priority.
- Submit monthly detailed invoices showing amount of days worked
- Submit monthly report providing short descriptions of the services provided with screen shots of issues solved, working links, and/or other demonstrations of work produced.
- Assist in the creation of technical documentation for the OPP
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in computer science preferred with a minimum seven years’ experience in web design
- Demonstrated experience with Drupal, PHP, Perl, MySQL, PostgreSQL, relational database design, web application design
- Experience consulting and delivering time-bound results
- Demonstrated ability to produce clear written materials, track progress of activities and communicate information strategically
- Must have legal authorization to work in the United States.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.